Alpha Wire Xtra-Guard® 5 (Temperature/Chemical Resistant FEP Jacket)
Suitable for use in Class 1 cleanrooms and recognized by the FDA, when sterilized, for food and medical-grade applications.
Impervious to oils, solvents, chemicals, fuels, and acids.
Provides exceptional protection against EMI when Supra-Shield is specified.
- Full Description
Ultimate performance in extreme environments
Known for exceptional quality and performance, the extensive Alpha Wire Xtra-Guard cable line is available to meet the widest variety of application requirements. With a comprehensive range of conductor counts and shielding options, Xtra-Guard is manufactured in several performance grades to give you the best match between cost, environmental, and mechanical performance.
Hazard-matched to survive in the most demanding operating conditions, Xtra-Guard cable is the longest-lasting, highest-performing cable available. Field-proven application performance, year after year has made Xtra-Guard cable the first choice of engineers for more than three decades.
Superior by design
Xtra-Guard performance cable is designed to meet your needs. Its round construction makes it easier to install, seal, and route. With nearly 5000 standard constructions and the industry’s broadest range of gauges, conductor counts, shielding options, and jacket colour choices, Xtra-Guard cable sets the global standard for reliable performance.
For a more detailed description of this connector series please see the manufacturers brochure which is available to download above.
For a personalised quotation on any of the part numbers seen in this range please complete the 'Quick Quote' form or simply call us on 01744 815001.
- Features & Specification
• The preferred cable for unsurpassed maximum temperature and chemical performance
• Temperature range from -80°C to +200°C
• UL, CSA listed
• 100% impervious to all chemicals, solvents, acids, fuels, and water
• Suitable for Class 1 cleanrooms
• FDA food/medical grade (sterilizable)
• Low-friction FEP jacket for easy routing
• Fast, easy stripping of insulation and jacket
• Colour-coded, tinned copper conductors
• 300 V
• Unshielded, foil shielded, or Supra-Shield® foil/braid
• Outstanding ultraviolet light stability in all jacket colours
• Aramid fibre ripcord for easy jacket stripping
• Excellent flame resistance and low smoke generation: Passes NFPA 262-2007
• Food and beverage wash-down
• Cleanroom environments
• Food/medical-grade applications
• Turbine generators
• Chemical processing
• Military electronics
• Mining instrumentation
FIT® Tubing Recommendations
• FIT-650: Chemical/temperature resistant flexible fluoroelastomer
• FIT-400: Temperature/chemical resistant FEP