Lighting Technology and Northern Connectors
Lighting technology has progressed at a substantial rate in recent times, with new and innovative LED designs helping to massively reduce our energy consumption. At Northern Connectors, we supply industrial connectivity to various lighting applications to help facilitate this.
We provide industrial connectivity solutions for a wide range of different lighting applications, in both stable and harsh environments, and can help you find a product that suits your specific needs.
Our team of experienced technical experts can guide you through the whole buying process, and you are guaranteed a great customer experience, no matter what kind of lighting solution you are looking for.
Read on to find out more about how our connector technology can support your LED lighting applications, or get in touch with us to find out more. Call us on 01744 815 001, or complete our online enquiry form.
What is LED lighting?
LEDs, or light-emitting diodes, are semiconductor devices that convert electricity into light. This type of lighting represents the latest advance in energy efficient lighting, reducing the carbon footprint by as much as 70% in environments that previously used conventional lighting technology.
In addition to these considerable energy savings and environmental benefits, LED lighting offers:
- A low-maintenance solution
- Enhanced durability and safety, utilising semiconductor material instead of a filament or neon gas to make them much sturdier than traditional incandescent light bulbs or fluorescent tubes
- A range of vivid colours
As a result of these advantages, there has been a substantial move towards accelerated LED adoption both domestically and commercially. This has increased demand for industrial connection solutions to help implement this newer lighting technology, especially in areas such as:
- The marine sector
- Hazardous working areas
- General architectural applications
Northern Connectors recently helped a supermarket save hundreds of thousands of pounds on their energy bills with a project that saw them replace existing cross-aisle lighting with LED equivalents, further underlining the significant benefits that LED lighting can offer in everyday applications.
The role that connectors play
Connectors play an important role in many different lighting applications involving LEDs, including the following:
- LED downlights
- Solar-powered LED lights - these offer the capability of getting power from sunlight, making them ideal for use in places where power lines are not available.
- LED traffic lights - these are becoming increasingly popular in traffic signal applications due to their high efficiency, low power consumption and long life
- RGB LED colour mixing
- MR16 LED lamp - widely used in shops, decorative lighting and other applications. They compare favourably to traditional halogen MR16 lamps, which are limited by their high power consumption and heat generation, along with low efficiency
- Smart LED mining lamp - due to potentially hazardous conditions in mining, an effective monitoring system is vital for ensuring the safety of miners. LEDs are becoming an increasingly popular method of lighting in mining
- High bay lighting - LED lighting can deliver significant savings on control circuitry, particularly in larger buildings where the control cables would otherwise need to be long enough to reach the operator
- LED street lighting - high-power LEDs have a number of advantages, including efficiency, power saving and cold start. The long life of LEDs means the cost of maintenance is reduced considerably
If you are looking for industrial connectivity solutions to support your LED lighting setup, Northern Connectors can recommend a range of potentially useful products, including:
By getting in touch with us, we will be able to help you find the perfect solution for the specific needs of your application.
Choosing Northern Connectors
If you require high-quality connectors that are ideal for use in conjunction with LED lighting, speak to Northern Connectors. We offer an industry-leading selection of products, as well as a tailored service to ensure that all of your expectations are met.
We can instruct you throughout the entire buying process, providing the information you need to make sure you make the right decisions and purchase the products that are the best fit for you and your company.
If needed, we are able to offer a face-to-face service to ensure you receive the solutions that will bring you the most benefit.
We provide technical expertise, a rapid service and personalised support for all of our customers. We are an ISO 9001-certified business, which means you can rely on quality service from start to finish.
We provide next-day delivery for items we have in stock and a low minimum order value to suit your individual requirements, as well as flexible call-off and scheduled order arrangements.
If your business is involved in the lighting technology industry, speak to our team today to find out more about how Northern Connectors can help. Either call us on 01744 815 001 or complete our online enquiry form and we will call you back at a time convenient for you.
Technical expertise is just a click away. For rapid service & personalised support, complete the following form or call 01744 815 001