Lumberg Automation I/O Modules Active - Stand Alone (LioN Series)
In order to ensure high availability of machines and systems, I/O modules installed in harsh industrial environments must be able to meet the highest electro-mechanical demands.
Thanks to their housing material and innovative encapsulation techniques, the LioN Series of distribution boxes and I/O modules offer full protection for the electronics.
Lumberg Automation products are among the most respected and reliable in the marketplace for automation technology
LioN-S and -M
LioN-S: Because of their compact construction, the LioN-S modules with M8 connections are ideally suited for systems where space is limited. In addition, the modules in this series can be secured to the front, side or directly on the machines profile rails.
LioN-M: The convenient and vibration-proof I/O modules with M12 connection technology support PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, PROFIBUS and DeviceNet™. The different configurations can be realized with the assistance of a universal module, both for LioN-S and for LioN-M I/O modules. Each individual channel can be used either as an input or an output. This offers excellent flexibility for planning or for making changes during commissioning and subsequent upgrades.
- Simple planning and cost-effective storage of spare parts with universal I/O functionality.
- Small connection with various installation possibilities.
- Low empty weight – ideally suitable for assembly and handling applications.
- Fast commissioning, through simple and comprehensive diagnostics.
The new ruggedized I/O modules in the LioN series (LioN-R) have a robust design and a high level of functionality. They provide a secure connection of actuators and sensors to the control cabinet, even under extreme environmental conditions.
- The fully enclosed metal housing guarantees optimal mechanical stability and maximum protection against the most adverse environmental conditions.
- Galvanic isolation between sensors and actuators and the Ethernet/field bus protocol, together with short-circuit proof outputs and the “easy diagnostics” concept, ensures maximum availability of machines and systems.
The LioN-Classic modules are available in a sturdy moulded plastic housing, for example, with M23 connection technology for hybrid cables (power supply and bus lines in a single cable).
- Excellent reliability even under harsh environmental conditions – proven for decades.
- Wide choice of options for the different field bus protocols.
For a more detailed description of this connector series please see the manufacturer's brochure which is available to download above.
For a personalized quotation on any of the part numbers seen in this range please complete the 'Quick Quote' form or simply call us on 01744 815001.