Alpha Wire Xtra-Guard® 4 (Extreme Temperature TPE Jacket)
Features a high-performance TPE insulation and jacket offering three times the low-temperature flexibility of ordinary PVC.
Offers Moderate resistance to oils, solvents, chemicals, fuels and outstanding ultraviolet light stability in all jacket colours.
Provides exceptional protection against EMI interference when Supra-Shield is specified.
- Full Description
Ultimate performance in extreme environments
Known for exceptional quality and performance, the extensive Alpha Wire Xtra-Guard cable line is available to meet the widest variety of application requirements. With a comprehensive range of conductor counts and shielding options, Xtra-Guard is manufactured in several performance grades to give you the best match between cost, environmental, and mechanical performance.
Hazard-matched to survive in the most demanding operating conditions, Xtra-Guard cable is the longest-lasting, highest-performing cable available. Field-proven application performance, year after year has made Xtra-Guard cable the first choice of engineers for more than three decades.
Superior by design
Xtra-Guard performance cable is designed to meet your needs. Its round construction makes it easier to install, seal, and route. With nearly 5000 standard constructions and the industry’s broadest range of gauges, conductor counts, shielding options, and jacket colour choices, Xtra-Guard cable sets the global standard for reliable performance.
For a more detailed description of this connector series please see the manufacturers brochure which is available to download above.
For a personalised quotation on any of the part numbers seen in this range please complete the 'Quick Quote' form or simply call us on 01744 815001.
- Features & Specification
• The preferred outdoor cable for advanced temperature and chemical performance
• Temperature range from -50°C to +125°C
• High-performance TPE insulation and jacket offering 3 times the low-temperature flexibility of conventional PVC
• Solvent and water resistant
• Fast, easy stripping of insulation and jacket
• Color-coded, tinned copper conductors
• 300 V and 600 V
• Unshielded, foil shielded, or Supra-Shield® foil/braid
• Outstanding ultraviolet light stability in all jacket colours
• Nylon ripcord for easy jacket stripping
• Approved by the US Mine Safety and Health Administration and The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
• Suitable for use in Class 1, Division 2 Locations under the applicable sections of the National Electric Code
• UL Types TC, PLTC, and WTTC
• CSA AWM I A/B II A/B FT1
• Passes UL 1685 Vertical Tray Flame Test
• Wood, paper, pulp, plant operations
• Mining instruments and controls
• Mass transit systems
• Military electronic applications
• Food and beverage plants
• Petrochemical process controls
• Arctic pipeline controls
FIT® Tubing Recommendations
• FIT-600: highly flexible, cross-linked elastomer
• FIT-400: temperature/chemical resistant FEP