Alpha Wire Xtra-Guard® 3 (Direct Burial PE Jacket)
Features a specially formulated polyethylene jacket for outstanding service life and ultraviolet light stability in all jacket colours.
Resistant to the effects of weathering, moisture, and UV ageing without the costly use of conduit and is 6 times the water resistance of PVC.
Supra-Shield® provides exceptional protection against conducted or electrical noise in high and low frequency environments where EMI interference is pervasive.
- Full Description
Ultimate performance in extreme environments
Known for exceptional quality and performance, the extensive Alpha Wire Xtra-Guard cable line is available to meet the widest variety of application requirements. With a comprehensive range of conductor counts and shielding options, Xtra-Guard is manufactured in several performance grades to give you the best match between cost, environmental, and mechanical performance.
Hazard-matched to survive in the most demanding operating conditions, Xtra-Guard cable is the longest-lasting, highest-performing cable available. Field-proven application performance, year after year has made Xtra-Guard cable the first choice of engineers for more than three decades.
Superior by design
Xtra-Guard performance cable is designed to meet your needs. Its round construction makes it easier to install, seal, and route. With nearly 5000 standard constructions and the industry’s broadest range of gauges, conductor counts, shielding options, and jacket colour choices, Xtra-Guard cable sets the global standard for reliable performance.
For a more detailed description of this connector series please see the manufacturers brochure which is available to download above.
For a personalised quotation on any of the part numbers seen in this range please complete the 'Quick Quote' form or simply call us on 01744 815001.
- Features & Specification
• The preferred outdoor cable for direct burial
• Resistant to the effects of weathering, moisture, and UV aging without the costly use of conduit
• 6 times the water resistance of PVC
• Specially formulated polyethylene jacket for outstanding service life and ultraviolet light stability in all jacket colours
• Fast, easy stripping of insulation and jacket
• Colour-coded, tinned copper conductors
• 300 V and 600 V
• Unshielded, foil shielded, or Supra-Shield® foil/braid
• Temperature ratings to 80°C
• Outstanding ultraviolet light stability in all jacket colours
• Interbuilding communications
• Satellite communications equipment
• Land irrigation systems
• Outdoor security systems
• Outdoor scoreboards and displays
• Pipeline sensor controls
FIT® Tubing Recommendations
• FIT-700: Bonding thermoplastic adhesive lined, cross-linked polyolefin